Minnesota Recreation and Park Association
Minnesota Recreation and Park Association (MRPA) is a professional membership association serving nearly 900 members statewide. Since 1937, MRPA members have dedicated their time and energies to enhancing the parks and recreation profession in their communities and in the state of Minnesota.
To improve the quality of life in Minnesota by enhancing the profession of parks, open space, recreation, and leisure services.
Pillars of MRPA:
Education - provide continuing education, technical assistance, and social exchange among all members.
Recreation - provide recreational services including tournament competition and sports management services.
Legislation - take a proactive position on legislation affecting the parks and recreation field.
MRPA strives to:
- Foster and maintain high standards of professional qualifications and ethics among the members of MRPA
- Provide continuing education, technical assistance, and social exchange among all members
- Support and promote effective education within colleges and universities
- Encourage study and research in the field of leisure services
- Take a proactive position on legislation affecting the parks and recreation field
- Encourage public support, and promote awareness/understanding of the values of recreation, parks, and leisure in individuals’ lives
- Promote effective relationships with other organizations for further advancement of parks, recreation, and leisure service opportunities
- Provide recreational services including tournament competition and sports management services
- Serve as an information resource on trends/developments/future changes related to the delivery of parks and recreation services
THE STRATEGIC VISION
Recreation and parks are universally recognized as cornerstones to the high quality of life enjoyed by Minnesotans. MRPA is a volunteer-based organization of professional members. The ideas in this plan were developed by MRPA’s members, and the members will be instrumental in implementing the actions.
Click here to read more about the MRPA Strategic Plan
MRPA CORE VALUES:
- LEADERSHIP - Providing professional development, networking, best practices and informational support for our customers
- STEWARDSHIP - Proactively advocating to preserve our parks, conserve our natural resources and advance the values of recreation and leisure services
- WELLNESS - Impacting health and active living through educational and social opportunities
- INCLUSION - Respecting our difference and supporting opportunities for everyone
- ENGAGEMENT - Building relationships and seeking collaborative partnerships with community members and organizations
- INTEGRITY - Serving fairly and professionally while building trust through our interactions
Click here to read more about the MRPA Core Values