The Did You Know program is an advocacy and education program adopted by the MRPA Board of Directors and funding partner, Minnesota Recreation and Park Foundation.
The Did You Know committee has developed a database template that agencies will use to provide their research and statement information to MRPA. The Association will upload the information to the Missouri site for national use, and also keep the Minnesota data on the MRPA website.
Did You Know facts about MRPA for 2015:
- Established the Emerging Recreation Leaders Institute II leadership program
- Held an annual conference which was highly rated and well-received by members that included nearly 40 educational sessions and networking opportunities
- Monitored state and federal legislation that impacts the parks and recreation profession;
- Reached more than 500 professional members for the first time since 2010, with a total of more than 900 members in all categories
- Formed a partnership with Twin Cities in Motion for the youth track and field program
- Continued growth of pickleball tournament participation
- Maintained a softball program with steady team registration numbers in a competing environment;
- Implemented its first-ever indoor triathlon
- Further developed the Did You Know program, with 27 participating agencies through 2015
- Held several educational workshops to share the latest industry trends
- Sent 85 job postings throughout the year
- Received a National Council Aging grant to implement the Aging Mastery Program for the active aging in Minnesota