The Did You Know program is an advocacy and education program adopted by the MRPA Board of Directors and funding partner, Minnesota Recreation and Park Foundation.
The Did You Know committee has developed a database template that agencies will use to provide their research and statement information to MRPA. The Association will upload the information to the Missouri site for national use, and also keep the Minnesota data on the MRPA website.
Did You Know facts about MRPA for 2016:
- Held the Emerging Recreation Leaders Institute I leadership program with over 40 registrants
- Held an annual conference at the Eagan Community Center with 359 delegates, the highest number in attendance. A normal conference year attracts around 300 delegates
- Monitored state and federal legislation that impacts the parks and recreation profession;
- Reached 514 professional members
- Continued growth of pickleball tournament participation
- Maintained a softball program with steady team registration numbers in a competing environment;
- Further developed the Did You Know program, with 27 participating agencies through 2016
- Held several educational workshops to share the latest industry trends
- Sent 110 job postings throughout the year – up from 85 in 2015
- Received a National Council Aging grant to implement the Aging Mastery Program for the active aging in Minnesota