About Minnesota Recreation and Park Association
Since 1937, MRPA members have dedicated their time and energies to enhancing the parks and recreation profession in their communities and in the state of Minnesota. Minnesota Recreation and Park Association is a professional membership association serving more than 900 members statewide. MRPA strives to:
- Foster and maintain high standards of professional qualifications and ethics among the members of MRPA
- Provide continuing education, technical assistance, and social exchange among all members
- Support and promote effective education within colleges and universities
- Encourage study and research in the field of leisure services
- Take a proactive position on legislation affecting the parks and recreation field
- Encourage public support, and promote awareness/understanding of the values of recreation, parks, and leisure in individuals’ lives
- Promote effective relationships with other organizations for further advancement of parks, recreation, and leisure service opportunities
- Provide recreational services including tournament competition, youth sports training, and sports management services
- Serve as an information resource on trends/developments/future changes related to the delivery of parks and recreation services
MRPA offers the Did You Know Program, an advocacy and education program developed by Lee’s Summit, Missouri – owned by Missouri Park and Recreation Association. The MRPA Board of Directors approved the purchase and management of the DYK program. Thank you to the Minnesota Recreation and Park Foundation, as the founding partner.
The Did You Know committee has developed a database template that agencies will use to provide their research and statement information to MRPA. The Association has uploaded the Minnesota data on the MRPA website. If you’re interested in purchasing the Did You Know Toolkit, contact Michelle Snider at email@example.com or 763.571.1305 ext. 100.
MRPA Board of Directors:
The membership of the Board of Directors consists of persons elected by the professional membership (current Board consists of 15 members). Click here to read more.
MRPA has advocated for local, state, and federal funding for parks and recreation for the past 60 years. MRPA feels this advocacy is vital to ensure quality public parks, protection of natural resources, and equal access to outdoor recreation for all citizens. Click here to read more.
MRPA Strategic Plan:
MRPA Office and Staff:
Michelle J. Snider
Recreational Sports Manager
Program Manager and State USSSA Softball Director
The Minnesota Recreation and Parks magazine has been in publication since 2006. MRPA is celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the Minnesota Recreation and Parks magazine. Click here to read more and view past issues.
The Minnesota Recreation and Park Association also e-mails members a monthly newsletter. It is MRPA’s membership update of people, programs and places. Click here to browse past newsletters.